India – Rajasthan Rural Water Supply and Fluorosis Mitigation Project
|Region:||Asia - South Asia|
|Location within Country:||Nagaur District, Rajasthan|
|Client:||Public Health Engineering Department, Government of Rajasthan|
|Funding Source:||Government of the Republic of India|
|Date:||June 2013 - May 2018|
|Category:||Water Resources and Supply|
Narrative Description of Project:
The project objective is to provide safe and adequate drinking water supply to people in Nagaur District suffering from acute scarcity of potable water and groundwater which is heavily contaminated by fluoride. Water supply facilities will be constructed that use water drawn from the Indira Gandhi Canal and fluorosis mitigation measures will be implemented to people in Nagaur District. The project will provide safe and adequate drinking water supply to people suffering from acute scarcity of potable water and ground water which is heavily contaminated by fluoride, thereby reducing hardship and improving the health and quality of life.
Description of Actual Services Provided in the Assignment:
- Review the detailed designs, drawings, and tender documents of electrical facilities prepared by the Client and if required, modify such designs, drawings, and documents accordingly.
- Review the contractor’s design and drawings of instrumentation system for implementation of the Project.
- Assess the appropriateness of the main facilities in implementing the construction work.
- Review the detailed design, drawing, and Quality Assurance Plan submitted by the Contractor and Client for approval.
- Review and verify various tests required during pre-commissioning, commissioning, and post commissioning of facilities created under the Project and submit report to the Client.
- Review and verify As-built Drawings submitted by the Contractor of the assets created under the Project.