Bangladesh – Detailed Feasibility Study for Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujib International Airport Project
|Region:||Asia - South Asia|
|Client:||Government of the People's Republic of Bangladesh|
|Funding Source:||Government of the People's Republic of Bangladesh|
|Date:||July 2016 - December 2017|
|Brief Narrative Description of Project:
The project involves the creation of a detailed feasibility study on the Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujib International Airport which is a proposed large-scale airport development to serve the central region of Bangladesh. The Bangladeshi government presented the Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujib International Airport as the country’s newest aviation hub in 2009. The government had since considered various development proposals prior to selecting the three-runway facility.
|Description of Actual Services Provided in this Assignment:
Duties of the Urban Planner:
– In-charge of urban planning (review, evaluation and planning) in the Detailed Feasibility Study for Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujib International Airport Project;
– Provide necessary output, which includes interim report, final report, minutes of the meeting, and presentation materials;
– Conduct a survey about the related organization of urban plan in Bangladesh;
– Conduct a survey about the future policies, plans, and projects related to urban planning and development including industrial and logistics development;
– Provide convincing and logical ways to select the most appropriate site among more than 30 candidates.