Design and Implementation of Schools, Health, and Community Centres Reconstruction Repair Project in Isabel Leyte
|Client:||Philippine National Red Cross|
|Date:||MARCH 2015 - OCTOBER 2015|
Detailed Narrative Description of Project:
The Super Typhoon Haiyan (locally named “Yolanda”) is one of the strongest tropical cyclones ever recorded, which devastated the Philippines particularly in the Eastern Visayas. It has been observed that properties such as barangay hall, community centers, health facilities, schools, etc. were badly damaged. The project involves the rehabilitation/ construction of health facilities, school buildings and community centers in five sites (Bantigue, Cangag, Libertad, Puting Bato, and San Francisco) in the Municipality of Isabel.
Detailed Description of Actual Services Provided:
The Consultant’s scope of work includes:
- Design and Tendering Phase:
- Assessments of all existing structures and review of the LGU documents pertinent to the construction (e.g. land titles, deeds, construction plans, etc.) ensuring that the same are free of encumbrances and fully compliant to requirements and standards.
- In close collaboration with the Shelter Delegate, the LGU office in Isabel, finalize the site locations of the school, health units and also community structures to be repaired.
- Submit an assessment report to PRC/NLRC identifying any gaps or issues if any
- Preparation of drawing and design for all structures, new and repairs
- Preparation of BoQ, and preparation of Pre-Bid Engineers Estimate
- Obtaining Government approvals from LGU, Department of Health, Department of Education on the designs and BoQs.
- Assisting PRC/NLRC in preparing tender documents, selection of Contractor, and finalizing the award.
- Construction Phase:
- Regular monitoring and supervision ensuring that work is conducted and completed in accordance with approved plans, specifications and standards.
- Provide monthly progress report on the status of construction.
- Certification of progressive payments to Contractor.
- Preparing and executing variation orders.
- Ensure full completion of all facilities in accordance to the plans.
- Provide completion certificate upon completion of works along with the final report.
- Ensure smooth handover of newly constructed/repaired facilities to the Local Government Units.
- Defects Liability Phase
- Undertake inspection of construction works at the end of defect liability phase.
- Provide a list of pending items.
- Provide DLP Clearance Certificate.
Certification of the final payment.