Central Luzon Irrigation Project
Detailed Narrative Description of Project:
The Project consists of two components:
- Irrigation component of the Casecnan Multipurpose Irrigation and Power Project involving the
- Development of new irrigation expansion area of about 30,500 hectares in Nueva Ecija and Tarlac; and
- Rehabilitation of existing irrigation and drainage facilities in the Upper Pampanga River Integrated Irrigation System.
- Tarlac Groundwater Irrigation System Reactivation Project involving the
- Construction of 50 deepwell pump irrigation subprojects in Tarlac;
- Construction of irrigation facilities and rural roads;
- Reactivation of existing deepwells for irrigation use; and
- Preparation of training designs and manuals on the organization and management of irrigation service cooperatives, O&M of deepwell pumps and engines, water management for pump-irrigated farms, and cropping systems development.
Detailed Description of Actual Services Provided:
- Detailed Engineering Design: Data gathering and survey & investigation; determination of design criteria and layout plans; detailed design plans of all structures and canal systems; quantity take off; and construction planning and cost estimation, including contract packing; and preparation of O&M plan
- Pre-construction Services: Preparation of contract documents (detailed specifications, pre-qualification and contract documents); assistance to NIA for contractors’ pre-qualification, contractors’ site inspection; bid evaluation, etc.
- Assistance to NIA for: contract management and supervision, and inspection, evaluation of construction claims and requests for variation orders and billing, review of as-built drawings, etc., and preparation of progress reports
- Preparation of the final report.